Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2016

Review: In Real Life by Jessica Love


In Real Life by Jessica Love

Series: - • Published: March 1st 2016 by St. Martin's Press
Pages: 240 • Format: E-book • Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary
Goodreads | The Book Depository | Amazon | Website

Rating: 2,5/5 stars


Hannah Cho and Nick Cooper have been best friends since 8th grade. They talk for hours on the phone, regularly shower each other with presents, and know everything there is to know about one another.

There's just one problem: Hannah and Nick have never actually met.

Hannah has spent her entire life doing what she's supposed to, but when her senior year spring break plans get ruined by a rule-breaker, she decides to break a rule or two herself. She impulsively decides to road trip to Las Vegas, her older sister and BFF in tow, to surprise Nick and finally declare her more-than-friend feelings for him.

Hannah's surprise romantic gesture backfires when she gets to Vegas and finds out that Nick has been keeping some major secrets. Hannah knows the real Nick can't be that different from the online Nick she knows and loves, but now she only has night in Sin City to figure out what her feelings for Nick really are, all while discovering how life can change when you break the rules every now and then.



My review


First sentence: “My best friend and I have never met.”

Let's cut to the chase: In Real Life was not my kind of book and I'm disappointed. I wasn't hooked by the writing nor the characters, but the story made me a little curious. Although, I thought I'd like it more than I did. It was entertaining at first, but over all it was tedious.

I enjoyed the first part of the book, when the story delivered the news, aka. the plot twist, I suppose. I was surprised, yes, but just for an insignificant moment. I liked the scene when Nick noticed Hannah in the audience. It was rather unsettling and I had a hard time reading that part. After that moment, I started to lose interest in the story. I found it boring and many things that happened in this book were quite irrelevant.

The characters (all of them, being the truth) were childish, like real childish. Hannah was really annoying with her not being able to tell Nick about her feelings. And the same thing for Nick too. They knew what they felt for each other but they didn't do anything about it and that bothered me a lot. One more thing about Hannah: I don't like how her sister and friend convinced her to be someone else just for the sake of meeting a "new" guy. I didn't like that they could convince her that easily. Just be yourself, Nick'll like you.

Have you read In Real Life?

Did you like it?

2 comments:

  1. Den här kanske man ska ge en chans! För att se om man uppskattar den eller inte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja det tycker jag att du ska göra! :)

      Delete