Posted on Friday, August 5, 2016

NEW BOOKS (Because who Doesn't Like New Books?) / August 2016




Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
I really liked Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys that I read earlier this year and I'm almost 100% confident that I'll like this too. I think the two books are connected -- in a character way (??) -- but I'm not too sure. I'm very excited to read this book (which I know almost nothing about save that it's set during WWII).

Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
As a Josh Hutcherson lover since 2008, I absolutely love the movie (perhaps a little too much). My expectations for the book are non-existent as classics usually disappoint me but I want to read this book only because. And did I say that I absolutely love the movie?

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
I watched the movie once, didn't particularly like it. It was 30 SEK on Book Depository so I had (you know how it is) to buy it -- it had nothing to do with me being interested in reading it, because really, I have no real interest in reading it. At least not now and not soon -- but in the future? SURE.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I've seen nearly nothing but praise surrounding The Little Prince. I have no clue what it's about, I only know that it's a childrens book and that it makes people cry for unknown reasons (or known..?? I may have read a spoiler when I come to think about it). I will probably read this book in one sitting considering it's more or less 100 pages.

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas / Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas
Dangerous Girls was fantastic and more people need to read it. It's one of the few books I actually want to raise the rating on on goodreads. I gave the book 4.25 stars but it's quite possible more of a 5 star book to me. It was amazing and everything I look for in a mystery/thriller-y book. I expect no less from Dangerous Boys when I read it!

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
I read 12 pages earlier in the car and I loved the writing. I can already tell that it'll be a fast read! I love short chapters and witty characters so I guess I'll love it. I cannot wait to read this, which in this case will be soon!


Have you read these books? What did you think? Which one is your favorite? 

2 comments:

  1. Såå många bra böcker i den högen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roligt att höra att jag inte är ensam om att gilla Journey to the Center of the Earth (filmen) :D

    ReplyDelete