Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2016

Review: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas


Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Series: -  Published: August 1st 2013 by Simon & Schuster
Pages: 388 • Format: Paperback • Genres: Young Adult, Mystery Thriller
Status: read from July 04 to 05, 2016
Goodreads | The Book Depository | Amazon | Website

Rating: 4.75/5 stars



I loved it! I gave the book a 4.25 star rating after finishing it (July 5), but now I just have to change it to at least 4.75 because it's such an amazing book that more people should read.


First sentence: “Dispatcher: Hallo, hoe gaat het ermee?”

I believe this is the best mystical thriller I've ever read *eyeing my not-so-long list of mystical thrillers I've read*. I really enjoyed Dangerous Girls, much more than I would've thought picking it up. I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least!

The best thing was the mystery, for sure. My main thought reading the book was WHAT IS GOING ON and who did it??! which is the one thought I "aim" to think reading a mystery/thriller, so that's a real great thing about the book.

The ending was a bit "twisty" and even a little confusing, but I understood what happend and I suppose that's the most important thing. The ending (the last sentences I think it was) was kinda wicked, but in a very, very good way! So, I actually loved how it ended but it twisted my brain.

As I said, the mystery was the best thing about Dangerous Girls. The characters were nothing special and I don't remember their names now, but that's totally fine by me, since I was looking for an amazing mystery and not glorious characters. I liked the "group of friends going on a trip and something bad happens" even though it's rather cliché, in both books and movies.

I liked how the book was written and I really found the writing easy to read. It wasn't "choppy" nor too poetic or something like that. It was fast-paced because of the great writing and because it's a fantastic mystery and I just wanted to know how it ended.

The only thing I can do now is to read Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas and hope it's as good as this one!

17927395It's Spring Break of senior year. Anna, her boyfriend Tate, her best friend Elise, and a few other close friends are off to a debaucherous trip to Aruba that promises to be the time of their lives. But when Elise is found brutally murdered, Anna finds herself trapped in a country not her own, fighting against vile and contemptuous accusations.

As Anna sets out to find her friend's killer; she discovers hard truths about her friendships, the slippery nature of truth, and the ache of young love.

As she awaits the judge's decree, it becomes clear that everyone around her thinks she is not just guilty, but dangerous. When the truth comes out, it is more shocking than one could ever imagine...

Do you want to read this book? / Or have you already read this book? Did you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment