Posted on Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Intimidating TBR tag (in Which I Realize I Have Too Many Books on My TBR)

1) What book have you been unable to finish?
A Game of Thrones for sure. I've been reading it since the beginning of May and I cannot seem to finish it. I'm about one third through and I really, really love it so it's not that I cannot finish it because I hate it... It's just such a huge and complex story.

What book have you yet to read because…

2) …you just haven’t had the time?
Probably Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout! I read Obsidian 2 years ago and I love the Lux series so much. I don't understand why I'm doing this to myself!!


3) …it’s a sequel?
There are so many!! But let's go with Scarlet by Marissa Meyer! I read the first book, Cinder, more than one year ago and I really enjoyed it and I'm very much looking forward to reading the second book.

4) …it’s brand new?
Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi

5) …you read a book by the same author and didn’t enjoy it?
Hmm.. V.E. Schwab's books maybe. I've read Vicious (which I enjoyed very much -- I gave it 5 stars in January but I'm not so sure about that high rating now), This Savage Song (didn't really like) and A Darker Shade of Magic (didn't like). So let's say A Gathering of Shadows by her.

6) …you’re just not in the mood for it?
I've recently lost interest in YA contemporary, so I'm not in the mood for, let's say, The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. I actually read a sample and didn't really like it.

7) …it’s humongous?
Maybe The Book Thief by Markus Zusak? It's not HUMONGOUS but it's a pretty big book.


8) …because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?
Hmmm.. I bought Teardrop by Lauren Kate back in 2013 when I was in London because I really liked the cover. It turned out to have pretty poor reviews so I'll probably never read it.

9) What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?
Well, I would say A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, but I'm currently reading it. Is it okay if I choose the A Song of Ice and Fire series? Because that's a whole new level of intimidating!

10) Who do you tag?
Everyone! Seriously, if you want to do this -- DO IT :) If you want, you can say that I tagged you!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment