Posted on Monday, July 31, 2017

Review: Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han


Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3 | Published: May 2nd 2017 by Simon & Schuster
Pages: 336 | Format: E-book
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Status: read from July 19 to July 21, 2017
Goodreads | Book Depository | Amazon | Website

Rating: 3.5/5 stars



First sentence: “I like to watch Peter when he doesn't know I'm looking.”

Okay. So what did I think of Always and Forever, Lara Jean..? I did like it, but it still wasn't what I had expected, at all. However, I really liked a lot of things. Most characters were likeable, the writing was great (simple and light in a way), as always when it comes to Jenny Han. And it is relatable on many levels.

I'm happy that Lara Jean in the second half of the book made decisions based on herself, without thinking as much about Peter. She felt more confident than in the first and second book, and I really enjoyed her dialogues and thoughts much in this book. All the baking though. It's not really up my alley, but what can I do? It is a huge part of Lara Jean.

The lack of a real major conflict, and much drama, was really enjoyable in my opinion. But I still think that the ending was a little hurried with Lara Jean and Peter making up. The small amount of drama that did exist in the book came at the same time, and that was sort of in the end. Just letting you know.

I had a few issues with some things though. First, I'm not a fan of some parts of the story. The premise was very intriguing, with college and all, and I really missed that. I wanted her to literally go to college, but that wasn't included in the story, unfortunately. Also, I didn't like the wedding part either. I could really feel Margot on that subject, and that's probably why I didn't like it. And further, the father is very strict with Lara Jean, something that bothered me a bit.

But all in all, it was a good last book to a lovely series. I liked the first and second book more, but I still recommend to read all three books.


17927395Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad’s finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot’s coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.

But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father’s wedding, she can’t ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean’s the one who’ll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family—and possibly the boy she loves—behind.

When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?


Do you want to read this book? / Or have you already read this book? Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment